I am sick of the doctor.
We went in today for a non-stress test and a check-up. Everything is fine with the baby; her heart rate is normal, she's still up kind of high but apparently nothing to stress over. I am not dilated whatsoever but have effaced about as much as possible, so there you go. What I am not thrilled about is talking inducement. I really, really, REALLY do not want to be induced or use any kind of hurry-it-up measures. Also I feel like this is getting serious so quickly – I mean, I'm only one day overdue, and I thought the due date was a guess anyways!! I'm perfectly happy to wait another two weeks. I'm bored, impatient, but don't feel sick or even that uncomfortable. Sure, I want the swelling to go away (did I mention that I am also retaining water in my torso, not just extremities???), I want to bend over, I want to wear my shoes and work out again, but I am absolutely fine with hanging out until she makes the first move. This pregnancy has been a total breeze, with really no complications or even concerns, so I think she's fine but just taking her time.
And so, to help keep me in good spirits, here's a list of Why I'm Still Happy to be Pregnant:
1. Eating for two is still awesome and delicious.
2. Amos is still willing to run out for a diet cream soda whenever I want him to.
3. My maternity clothes aren't all crappy looking, so I can still look pretty decent.
4. Getting traffic to stop so I can cross the street is easier than ever.
5. I can still take naps and sleep 10 hours a night at the same time.
6. I'm getting a lot of Christmas knitting out of the way!
Ok so it's a short list, but those are some high-quality items! Especially #1. And #5, since I seem to be either hungry or sleepy or both all day, everyday. Speaking of, I conned Amos into making pizza again tonight, and into making it obscenely early at 5.30, so maybe I should go see if he needs any help with that in the kitchen…